Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 13 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: buckeye help  (Read 7463 times)
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2006, 07:51:04 PM »

[Archived message]
subject: buckeye help

I just finished mixing all my ingredients for making buckeyes. (peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar) The mixture is supose to stick together so you can roll it into little balls, but mine came out runny. (i think I mixed it too much) Does anybody know how I can correct it? I hate gas ovens! What I do with our gas oven is to keep a large pizza stone in there to retain heat, which does help. You can't change the fact that the gas comes on, there's a big burst of heat, and then the gas goes off. Electric ovens bake so much nicer.

It is true that a convection oven will help the heat distribute more evenly but not all convetion ovens are created equally. AND I have honestly never met a convection oven yet that doesn't have hot and cool spots. The best bet is to check with Consumer Reports before ever buying an oven you wish to use a lot.

I think the best idea is to get a Dual Fuel Range. Get one with gas on the stove top that has at least 1-2 burner(s) with 16,000 BTU's or higher, one at about 9,000, for simmering sauces and soups, and 1-2 inbetween. Then you can have electric for the oven. Electric baking is so much nicer! The only trouble with electric is you will need an electrician to run the 220 line.

I have baked in commerical kitchens with convection ovens and guess what? I STILL had to switch the pans front to back and top to bottom to get an even color on my baked goods.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: