Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 05:10:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 11 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooking for One  (Read 12112 times)
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2006, 07:27:59 PM »

subject: Cooking for One
[Archived message]

I am a professional chef, you can imagine how difficult it is for me to cook for one. My solution to the problem is to cook the normal amount and freeze it in single portion containers to be thawed as needed. The other thing I do is freeze single portion raw meats and when I thaw them, I cook only a little pasta, cous cous, or nuke a potato. I also freeze single portions of risotto or pilaf for these occasions. I do salad for about two days at one time, then press the air out of the plastic bag I store it in for the next day. It gets easier and I hope these suggestions help.
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:28:21 PM »

subject: Cooking for one
[Archived message]

The recommendations from the chef are pretty much what I do. I also buy a lot of frozen veggies so that I can vary the vegetables from meal to meal. I have also had good luck using the disposable storage containers for freezing, though if it is something that will be in the freezer for a while, I transfer it to plastic wrap, then wrap that in foil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: