Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 12:35:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 19 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Triplinox  (Read 38156 times)
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »

subject: Triplinox
[Archived message]

I  have a set of cookware from Triplinox. I still have the boxes that they came in and they say "Letang Remy" on them. I have searched online to no avail as of yet. My handles have faired pretty well with the exception of the springs which I have replaced from time to time with one's found at local hardware stores. Springs are not SS and will rust. If you must wash the handles, take them apart and make sure spring is thoroughly dry before re-assembling.

My problem is that I have one large 9.5 quart stockpot that is delaminating on the bottom and I'm looking to find the parent company for lifetime warantee service. I fear however, that this company no longer exists. Please contact me if you find a source and I will also do the same. Thank-you!
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:24:15 PM »

subject: Triplinox is out of business
[Archived message]

I contacted the outfit that we purchased the cookware from, Colorado Prime, and they said that Triplinox is out of business. I anticipated that the handles would not last forever and we have only used three of the five handles that originally came with the set. Therefore, we have two brand new, still in original box, handles. We also have some pieces from the original set that have not been used, and some used once or twice. We have enjoyed the set since 1989. If you tell me what you might be interested in and what they might be worth to you, I'll ask my wife if she's willing to sell. Feel free to contact me directly by e-mail if you wish.
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:24:49 PM »

subject: Triplinox 2.2 Qt Sauce pan
[Archived message]

Jonathan

I came across this correspondance and I would like to ask if you would be willing to sell the saucepan. We too had purchased a set through Colorado Prime some 10+ years ago and this sauce pan being approx 2.2 to 2.5 Qt capacity. We left the pan on the burner too long, therefore cooking dry and overheating the clad. This pan was the second to the smallest in the set. Please let me know if interested, I will make a resonable offer.

Thanks

Charles Stabenow

subject: update
[Archived message]

After a long discussion with my wife, who adores her Triplinox, we will have to retract our possibility of selling any of the cookware with the exception of one handle (brand new, still in box) Please submit a bid to me via e-mail. I haven't decided whether to put it on e-bay or not, but if you e mail me that you would like to be kept informed, I will do my best!

Thank you and sorry for any squashed expectations!

subject: triplinox
[Archived message]

I, probably like the rest of you, purchased my Letang and Remy cookware from Colorado Prime about 18-20 years ago and used it all faithfully these years. My handles are all but shot and have been holding them chef-style with a kitchen towel. I am in search of the large sauce pan (about 11"). It was my most used piece and was ruined a year ago when my stove caught on fire. If any one finds any used pieces, please contact me. Thanks!

subject: Triplinox
[Archived message]

I just now sat down to google Triplinox, as we want to sell our complete set.(handles are all still in good shape) Our set is nice,with some never used. If anyone that would like the whole set, please let me know. This is a 23 pc set counting lids handles. We also got these through the Colorado Prime thing some 15-20 yrs ago. If I can't sell the complete set, I will probably consider selling seperately. Thanks!

subject: Triplinox separates for sale!!
[Archived message]

Hello again! I have purchased the set from the Herolds. This set was indeed in excellent shape (16 pcs + 7 handles)! I have replaced my 9.5 qt stockpot and I am willing to sell off pieces. I have sold the 3.3 qt. saucepan W/O the cover. If anyone is interested in a purchase, please contact me directly via e-mail with your bid. Thank-you!

subject: Triplinox cookware

institution:retired
[Archived message]

Sheri Herold mentions that she will sell some of her Triplinox pieces. I have used a set of this cookware for 20 years, and need to replace 2 saucepans and two frypans.

I would appreciate hearing from Sheri. Elizabeth

subject: need the handles
[Archived message]

I too have the triplinox cookware and must say I do like it, however I did expect the handles would last better. I need at least 2, but would purchase more if available. What they are worth to me, I do not know for sure. Perhaps you could tell me what you want for them. thanks, sharon hall

subject: Triplinox handle for sale
[Archived message]

All: I have an extra handle that I have posted on eBay. Look up item # 4411348246. Thanks...Mike

subject: Colorado Prime
[Archived message]

So you were scammed by Colorado Prime too? We bought the pots, a set of $2500 knives and a $700 water filter less than five years ago. All sold with lifetime warranties. Guess what? All three separate companies are out of business. I haven't even checked on the $2000 freezer we bought, but I wouldn't be surprised to find much of the same. Glad to know I'm not the only sucker.

subject: Letang Remy / Triplinox cookware
[Archived message]

http://www.replacements_dot_com/china/LER.htm

I found this sight for replacing your french Letang Remy items. I saw others also said the company called themsleves Triplinox here in the sates?
misuzanne
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:29:17 AM »

I too was scammed by Colorado Prime and purchased these pots, however, I must say I have using them for over 18 years and they are like brand new.  My handles are in very good condition because I only use them when I want to drain something, otherwise I do not use the handles.  My husband left a hotdog cooking in the next to the smallest pot and it ran dry and started smoking.  I still have the imprint of the two hotdogs in the bottom of the pot, however, it did not affect he use of the pot.

Overall, I am very pleased with these pots.

Suzanne LoPresti, Dunedin, FL
lookinforcookinideas
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »

I am brand-new to this site - am I hearing that I will not be able to find a replacement lid for my 10" pan?   I too have had them about 18 years and have loved them, but in my many moves I have lost this lid -- maybe someone has discovered a brand that is a good substitute, and ideas?
nathan34
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 03:38:19 PM »

Hi,
I bought a set of Triplinox by Letang Remy in 1992. I have the same problem (delaminating).
They were sold saying lifetime warranty (but I do not have any written proof of it), but also saying that they were <<Guy Degrenne>>.
The company is Guy Degrenne Letang Remy, mostly known as Guy Degrenne, and I am waiting for them to examine the set.
the current adress is
ETS GUY DEGRENNE - BP 50056 - Route d'Aunay - 14502 VIRE.
but I believe that you can leave your cookware at any (good) Guy Degrenne store (which I am now doing in Montpellier).
icurn
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 06:52:46 PM »

Jonathan Gibson,
Do you have a small l quart saucepan and lid that you are willing to sell?  Please let me know how much and if you have any other items for sale.
Thanks,
G Scott
Otto
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »

I have the following for sale.  Would prefer to sell entire set.
The entire set is The French Collection and roughly 5 years old.

Set contains (as described in Colorado Prime brochure):
  5 handles in very good condition - used mainly for draining.
  8" Sautepan
  8.8" Skillet
  10.4" Skillet
  3 Saucepans - 1.7 quart (6.4"), 2.5q (7.2) and 3.3q (8.0)
  4.2q (9.6") Dutch Oven
  2 Stockpots - 5.7q (9.6") and 9.5q (10.4)
  Steamer Insert - 10.4"
  6 Covers - 6.4, 7.2, 8.0, 8.8, 9.6 and 10.4 inches

Let me know if/what you're interested in and your offer.

Regards,
Otto
icurn
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 05:59:57 PM »

Otto,
Thank you for the information about selling your set.  Yes, I am interested in purchasing your set.  I have no idea about what you would be willing to sell it for.  Please email me at glennascott@yahoo.com and maybe we could come to some agreement.
Thanks,
Glenna
icurn
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:34 PM »

8" Sautepan
  8.8" Skillet
  10.4" Skillet
  4.2q (9.6") Dutch Oven
  Steamer Insert - 10.4"

Regards,
Otto

8" Sautepan
  8.8" Skillet
  10.4" Skillet
  4.2q (9.6") Dutch Oven
  Steamer Insert - 10.4"

Regards,
Otto
[/quote:Yes, Otto,
I am interested in your set but I have no idea what you would be interested in selling it for please contact my email glennascott@yahoo.com and maybe we can work out something.
jcole
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 08:50:48 PM »

I am interested in buying the smallest 1.7 qt saucepan . Email me with a price. Thanks, J cole
cole@isgroup.net
jaustins
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 06:16:17 PM »

I also have the triplinox stainless steel set from Colorado prime.  I have enjoyed the set but the lids don't fit well and I have trouble when I am trying to make stock or something that should simmer covered for a long time.  Does anyone know where I can purchase a heavy glass lid that will fit.  The 10" size for the stock pot seems to be unique.  I have found 91/2" and 12" lids.
Thank You,
JoAnn
All4Jesus
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 04:40:27 PM »

My wife and I bought into the Colorado Prime (food for 3-6 mos. at a time) and bought their freezer for $2000 only to find out later after leaving them that anywhere else it sold for no more than $300-400 and the Triplinox cookware was another scam (which cost us $$$$) where I can't even find the company anywhere.   The salesman would not let us pick the food choices we wanted because he said he'd have to get back with us on the prices, yet knew what the total was on the hamburger and the less 'gourmetier' items he talked us into.   
nananjagi
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 12:45:56 AM »

I, too, have the Triplinox cookware that Colorado Prime sold - I've used it daily for around 20 years and LOVE it.  Last month I ruined the middle sized saucepan - it's about a 2 qt capacity and has the numbers 0690 on the bottom of it.  I would love to buy a replacement for this if anyone has one for sale.
StapleGun
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »

THESE ARE GONE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: