Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 08:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 24 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ultratemp cooking utensils  (Read 19874 times)
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2006, 07:11:07 PM »

subject: ultratemp cooking utensils
[Archived message]

Hello, I'm trying to find ultratemp cooking utensils for my girlfriend. She has had hers used and lost by her children when they were small. This was done without her knowledge of course. We have been almost everywhere we can think of in the Columbia, Mo. area and within a 100 mile radius. She has told me that she thought that "Corning Ware" brought that specific brand of utensil out years ago, but i've had no luck in locating anything there. PLEASE contact me by e-mail if you find any word as to where she can buy the brand. She absolutely swears by them. Respectfully, Larry Skaggs
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:13:02 PM »

subject: Ultratemp old lead info
[Archived message]

Years ago, I also searched for more of these wonder utensils, I proudly own 4 white ones that are almsot 10 years old with almost no wear. How ironic that we blindly bought them at Wall Mart at the time, not knowing how special they are.

I tracked down Robinson Knife Company years ago, who on the tel responded very strangely, they would NOT admit that these were theirs, but also did not deny it either(weird I know). They advised a few retailers that "should" have some, this never paned out. There tel# is 716-206-1100 in NJ, but I doubt this will get you anywhere. It seems they sold these unhappily to someone (maybe corning?, maybe not)

I am NOT sure that the corning visions ultratemp are the same. I have yet to confirm this. I sent an email to Robinson again, hoping time has past and they will be more open (assuming that there is even a link there).

Typical exepience, great product, higher price, market demand is low (at least at first), and without high turnover at the retailer....goodbye product, hello MAde in Taiwan, 5 steps down the quality ladder, but for 1/3 the price, maybe less.

I am still looking to buy more.

subject: Ultratemp utensils
[Archived message]

Thank you so much for that info. I got my set of Ultratemp utensils ten years ago as a wedding gift and I love them so much that I started looking for them so I could purchase another set. I was suprised to find them no where! I thought I would be able to go on-line and find them, but it sounds a little discouraging. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there looking for good ole' quality utensils. Thanks again.

subject: ultratemp utensils
[Archived message]

I also called Robinson a few months ago, to ask them if they still had the molds that were used to make the utensils, so that I might manufacture them myself. But they told me that the molds for these were destroyed years ago, and that the only way to manufacture them again, would be to pay 10s of thousands of dollars to a tool maker to re-fabricate the molds. There seems to be a small demand for these, but I donÌt see enough of a demand to justify that kind of initial cost. The key to plastic products like these are the molds, because to manufacture something like this I high quantity costs pennies. I am not totally sure that I believe them and that they were destroyed, but it is possible. Anyway, it looks like the only way to get more would be to try to buy some used ones. I bid on a couple sets in Ebay, but I was outbid in the last few seconds, both times, and the utensils sold for like $50 each time. I would pay $100 or so for a set, but I am not sharp enough with the tricks on Ebay, so I keep loosing

subject: ultratemp
[Archived message]

About 10 years ago I purchased A set of ultratemp utensils from Fingerhut for 30 dollars.I still have them.I use them everyday.

subject: ultratemp
[Archived message]

i too am looking for them for my mom. she has a spatchula that is her favorite one and she will not get rid of it.

subject: Ultratemp utensils
[Archived message]

I bought a Ultratemp spoon, 2102-1, from the Frugal Gourmet Show, that was a few years ago. Of all my spoons, it's my favorite, bar none. Today, I thought I'd see if I can get another one, as my wife uses it too. I found this site by accident. It looks like my search may be more involved than I anticipated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: