Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 04:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 13 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gastrolux Cookware  (Read 32017 times)
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »

subject: gastrolux
Friedkin Companies
[Archived message]

I would like to know where I can purchase the cookware made by "gastrolux"??

Please let me know.

Yolanda MOrris
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »

subject: Gastrolux - Titan 2001 Cookware
Stellar 2000 Enterprises

[Archived message]

In response to the inquiry re: Gastrolux, the distributor for the entire line of this German import can be reached via the information provided. The product is guaranteed non-stick for twenty years, and has no Teflon in it. The cooking surface is ceramic, and is not affected by cooking at high temperatues. The layer of titanium is permanently bonded to the cast base of aluminum.
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 06:11:44 PM »

subject: Gastrolux
[Archived message]

Regards the reply that Gastrolux contains no teflon. All titanium surfaces are not non stick; they are all coated with a PTFE layer over the titanium ceramic surface to provide the non stick properties. PTFE is the ingredient in the brand named non stick surface teflon.

Overheating a pan with these titanium non stick surfaces means you burn off the PTFE layer revealing the titanium oxide layer underneath which is also black.

The reason for colouring the titanium black is to make the consumer believe that the non stick layer is still there but is somehow now not working.
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 06:12:02 PM »

[Archived message]

Gastrolux is a well recommended cookware which has been tested by the Danish institute of Technology. As for the teflon issue, it's not the same as an ordinary non-stick. Teflon 'coats' a pan, whilst Gastrolux is technically bonded with nano-particles (providing the non-stick material). When it comes down to non-stick surfaces, it is all a matter of durability. In a comparision, rate that 10 is the toughest surface known to man - a diamond, in particular. Gastrolux surface is considered a 9.
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:12:23 PM »

Palm State Gourmet
[Archived message]

Palm State Gourmet is the US distributor for Gastrolux.

We invite inquiries from retail merchants who would like to stock the world's best non-stick cookware
Archived Message
Chef de Cuisine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 06:12:41 PM »

subject: titan 2001

institution:Mirage
[Archived message]

Re: the "titanium" cookware and the PTFE. I would appreciate a link or a document about the inclusion of teflon in this product if you have it. I was at a home show this weekend and at their booth was a big sign that said "no teflon". I gather this is in response to the lawsuits etc., birth defects and cancer risks uncovered by the EPA recently. I'm wondering if this is false and misleading and putting consumers health at risk.
GG
Administrator
Master Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 08:29:52 PM »

I received tihs email message by mistake. Brent meant to send it to Yolanda but Yolanda's message was retrieved after a server crash and reposted by me as GG Archive. Here's his answer to her query:

Hello Yolanda,

Not sure if you received all the information you need, however, Active Concepts is a distributor for Gastrolux, and we ship everywhere in North America.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Brent Ness
Active Concepts Ltd.
403-689-3360

www.activeconcepts.ca <http://www.activeconcepts.ca/>

“Supporting Healthy Lifestyles”
radomskp
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 03:51:19 PM »

Where to buy Gastrolux pans?.....DO NOT BUY GASTROLUX
We bought 2 pans for a total of $500. They were a dream...even cooking, easy cleaning, no warping. Then at 5 years the finish all came off and they are brutal to clean. We cannot use them any more. When contacting the manufacturer..they were sold as a lifetime investment; but if you try to collect on a warranty they say you have abused the pan. For an additional $197 they will replace them. I don't think so!

DO NOT BUY GASTROLUX PANS
bestprice2010
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »

Gastrolux cookware appears to be an amazing product. I have not owned it but upon investigation I noticed a huge price discrepancy between Germany and the rest of the world.

Looking at the 11.0 Inch (28 cm) Frying Pan directly from Gastrolux http://gastrolux.slservice.de/default.asp?prod=0&kat=1 is 73.50 Euro or $100.00 United States Dollars or $105.00 Canadian Dollars or 64.25 British Pounds. If you look at Amazon Germany at http://www.amazon.de/ref=gno_logo and type in Gastrolux you will find about 75 retailers that will sell you this cookware for about 33 percent less. Ebay Germany has about 500 Gastrolux cookware for sale. Most retailers in Germany Speak English. The cost of the 11.0 Inch (28 cm) Frying Pan in Canada costs $234.00 or more from http://www.activeconcepts.ca/store/pc-15-3-110-inch-28-cm-frying-pan.aspx.

Look at: http://www.kochen-essen-wohnen.de/pans-gastrolux-international.html.

Gastrolux BIOTAN Cookware is not sold in the United States.

Expensive cookware need not be expensive if you buy direct. Bing.com is a better search engine to find the best price. You cannot search www1.epinions.com/ since there are no results when you type Gastrolux into the “Find reviews on” box, but you can find the reviews through Bing or Google.
Brentness
Dishwasher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 02:21:01 AM »

Regarding pricing for Gastrolux Cookware:

Although Gastrolux is made in Denmark, it is available in North America online at www.GastroluxCookare.com

Please note, the shipping cost from all locations outside of Canada/USA can be over $100 per item, as well, if you need any support or warranty information, you will be responsible for both return shipping and receiving, adding another $200 for the item.

Gastrolux purchased elsewhere, must be returned to the original location of purchase for warranty support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: