Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 02:00:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 11 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interested in inspiring a REALLY fussy kid - please read on....  (Read 14770 times)
pennystretcher
Dishwasher

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:26:18 PM »

:)I am embarking on a challenge to inspire, persuade, convince my son to confront his pet hate - vegetables. He is a very determined seven year old boy who has no time for vegetables - barring potatoes.
I have started a blog - my very first blog - to try and garner support and tips from across the globe. If you are interested please take the time to come and read my blog and better still add a comment or idea or just sympathise. I am willing to try recipes for any vegetables l
This is for all you parents out there who live with Vege-Phobics. There is safety in numbers and hopefully with all of your help we can try and change the rather narrow eating habits of one small boy in London.
Please come and read at http://greatbigvegchallenge.blogspot.com/
Charlotte
x

Skip Jack
Fast Food Cook

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 06:34:55 PM »

That is a tough situation you have there, Charlotte. I empathize with you. It's a shame for food that can so good for you to be so hated. One approach is to present the vegetables in the most appealing manner as possible. If your son objects to raw brocolli, try boiled or fried. Try mixing it with meat or grains, using only small pieces at first. Use seasonings to enhance the flavor.

If all else fails, show him some Popeye cartoons.

http://www.safcolgourmet.com - "The Fish Knows"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: