Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 02:58:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 19 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooking for pets?  (Read 21410 times)
kh
Global Moderator
Master Chef

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:28:49 PM »

I'm wondering how many people cook for their pets? I microwave a chicken piece once a week for out 4 cats, just to give them as treats. The IQF bags are great to keep on hand, and the cats prefer them over my spicy seasonings (everyone's a critic, even those with fur!). I can't really call this cooking, but I guess it's more than most people do. Anyhone else out there with a pet feeding fetish?
chester
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:47:50 AM »

No ,I don't cook for my pet because I give them pet food like jerky.

i love to cook and look after my kitchen
Sunshine08
Line Cook

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:41:50 PM »

The only time I cook for my dogs is when they feel unhealthy.  We make rice with hamburger meat instead of the dry food so they will get something more their stomachs. 

I work with Safeway.
Blinky
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »

We cook up cheap chicken parts for our cats as a supplement and chicken hearts for the dogs. We purchase several packages of hearts at a time (hearts are very cheap -- ask your butcher if you don't see them in the aisles) and roughly chop up the chicken hearts in a blender. We put them in multiple small containers and place them in the freezer, pulling them out as needed. We mix a heaping tablespoonful into the dry dog food. We use dry food that is high quality -- a meat product is the first ingredient (instead of corn or soy). Since using the hearts and the higher quality chow, we now feed the dogs less and they seem satisfied after finishing their meal, instead of hanging around their bowls hoping for more like they used to.

We also give them a small piece of chicken jerky for dessert about a half hour to an hour after they finish their dinner. The chicken jerky is sold in large bags at Big Box stores like Sam's -- it's too expensive in smaller bags found at pet stores and grocery stores. We've noticed a remarkable change in both their attitude and in their shiny coats and leaner bellies since instituting this diet.
Tater
Fast Food Cook

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »

My dad cooks for our dog. not a full meal or anything but when he cooks meat whether it is steak, hamburger, she gets her share. Like I said not a lot but enough for her to feel part of the family.
krayzie
Dishwasher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 07:56:23 AM »

I don't cook for my pet but i am buying food for my pet.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:41:50 AM by GG » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: