1 (12-oz.) package milk chocolate morsels 1 cup butterscotch morsels 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Pinch of salt Butter 1 1/4 cups candy-coated chocolate pieces 1/2 cup coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 5 cookies)
1.Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan, reserving condensed milk can. Cook over medium-low heat until all morsels melt, stirring often. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Cool slightly (about 15 minutes).
2.Meanwhile, grease an 8" round cake pan or springform pan with butter. Line pan with 2 pieces of plastic wrap, overlapping edges and smoothing out any wrinkles. Wrap empty condensed milk can with aluminum foil, smoothing out wrinkles; place in center of cake pan.
3.Stir 1 cup candies and crushed cookies into fudge; spread fudge in cake pan, holding can firmly in center. (A second pair of hands is a big help here.) Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate candies over fudge, gently pressing candies into fudge. Cover and chill until firm (about 2 to 3 hours).
4.To unmold, carefully loosen edges with a sharp knife, and remove can from center of fudge. Carefully invert fudge onto a plate. Invert again on a serving plate or cardboard cake round for gift giving. Cut fudge into thin slices to serve. (source: vons.com/holiday)
I love sweet savings and this is an easy way to save. You save on gas by earning gas rewards as you shop for groceries, prescriptions and select gift cards thats it...all you need is your Safeway card with you when you make your purchases and than you save at the pump, more specifics at safeway.com/powerpump what do you think?
This looks like it would make life a lot easier around Thanksgiving and provide some stress relief for the holiday. Its a shopping list tool at safeway.com/thanksgiving you select the recipes and it prints out the list and you take it with you to the store. Would you use this?
i am an indecisive guy when it comes to what's for dinner tonight, my answer is usually "food" i need help coming up with ideas but i am working on it. i think this helps and wanted to share. ... At www.safeway.com "Tonight's Dinner" section give ideas for your entire meal each day not just a recipe. So everyday you get a new meal idea for your entire family. Anyone else have a hard time when it comes to what's for dinner tonight?
* 12 large firm-ripe bananas, unpeeled, skins washed with detergent before using to remove residue * 3 bars (4 oz. each) milk chocolate, broken into small pieces * 1 tbsp. Safeway Cinnamon * 3 pt. of your favorite Safeway SELECT™ Ice Cream * 3 cups Lucerne® Whipping Cream, lightly sweetened to taste and whipped (optional) * 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional) * 12 Safeway Maraschino Cherries (optional)
1. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct, medium-high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds; visit our Grilling Essential section for complete instructions).
2. While grill heats, cut into each unpeeled banana lengthwise, making a deep slit but taking care to avoid cutting all the way through. Slip pieces of chocolate into each pocket and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon. Wrap each banana in foil.
3. Lay bananas on cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook, turning once, until soft when squeezed with tongs, about 10 minutes. Lift bananas onto a platter.
4. Carefully unwrap each banana and place on a plate with the cut side facing up. Top each with small scoops of ice cream; add a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkling of walnuts, and a cherry, if you like.