Global Gourmet Forums
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540 Posts in 244 Topics by 486 Members Latest Member: - sandra Most online today: 21 - most online ever: 215 (October 16, 2007, 02:43:27 PM)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wines and there substitutes  (Read 6963 times)
Sweet
Fast Food Cook

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:33:38 PM »

As you can see from the above title feel free to list them [include non alcoholic wines, and where to get them]

Also, I would like help on the following if possible:

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausages [I found the turkey sausage but unfortunately it wasn't italian lol]

2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced

2 yellow onions, sliced

1 tsp salt

1tsp freshly ground black pepper

4 garlic cloves, chopped

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/2 cup chopped fresh basil

2 tbsp tomato paste

1 cup Marsala wine

1(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes w/juice

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

1 lb rigatoni pasta

Freshly grated parmasan cheese for garnish

I need a non alcoholic substitute [preferably non alcoholic wine but not necessary] to the above item in bold text.

The above is for 4 - 6 servings . I plan to make double [8-12 servings] as my family tends to have a fulll plate of just the pasta lol [I figure by doubling[with the exception of the substitute for the wine above shrugs] I could get 5-6 people..[keep in mind fullll plate of pasta lol] with this dish?] Well, if I double it umm with the quanatites above should I increase any above and by how much? Has anyone tried "non alcoholic" red wine [red grape]? Is it sweet and if so how sweet?[From what I was told it's a sweet fortified wine[the bold text above]...in other words reallllly sweet lol ] How would I cut down the sweetness[vinegar I assume..what type and how much this to that if this made sense?!]

While on the subject, I need a non alcoholic Sherry substitute [preferable non alcoholic wine version of Sherry but not necessary..-> doesn't have to be a non alcoholic wine subtitute] .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: