Serve this dish with Sticky Rice, Wok-seared Green or Spicy Herbed Leaf Salad (see book). Buy rindless and boneless pork as this will marinate more easily. It will also be easier to slice after cooking.
4 x 200g/7oz pork strips,
boneless and rindless
(your butcher can do this for you)
1 garlic clove
1 large shallot
1 medium piece of fresh ginger
2 red peppers and 1 green pepper
130g/4-1/2 oz shiitake mushrooms
1 bunch of spring onions
1 bunch of cilantro, freshly picked (if possible)
A little sunflower oil for roasting and frying
120ml/4 fl. oz sweet soy sauce
For the marinade
4 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
1 tablespoon each: light soy and oyster sauces
1 dried chile
1. In a shallow dish. mix together the teriyaki marinade, light soy, and oyster sauces. Add the dried chile and marinate the pork strips, covered, for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic, peel and finely slice the shallot, and peel and finely chop the ginger.
3. Cut the peppers in half, deseed, and finely slice them.
4. Wipe the mushrooms, remove the stalks, and finely slice.
5. Shred the spring onions and finely chop the cilantro.
6. In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables.
7. Preheat oven to 180-190 degrees C (350-375 degrees F) Gas Mark 4-5. Place the pork strips in a slightly oiled roasting pan and roast for about 10 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly, then slice into small strips.
8. Add some oil to a hot wok and fry the vegetables until just crispy, about 3 minutes. Add the pork, stir in the sweet soy sauce, and fry until the meat is cooked, about 5 minutes.
Lemongrass and Lime
New Vietnamese Cooking
By Mark Read
Ten Speed Press, 2001
Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created October 2001
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2013,