International Cuisine by The International Culinary Schools at The Art Institutes, presents recipes from around the world, including Sweet Potato Cake Martinique; Camarones Sofrito (Shrimp in Green Sofrito) Dominican Republic; Kulebiaka (Salmon in Pastry) Russia; Borshch Moskovsky (Borscht, or Moscow-Style Beet Soup) Russia; and Grønkaalssuppe (Kale Soup with Poached Egg) Denmark.
Amount (Measure) Ingredient
1. Preheat oven at 350°F (176°C)
2. Cook sweet potatoes in just enough water to cover until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and mash.
3. While still warm mix in butter, sugar, and rum.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Add milk, grated rind, and lime juice.
6. Sift together cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder. Add to sweet potatoes and mix thoroughly.
7. Pour into a greased 9 x 5-inch (22.5 x 12.5 cm) loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350°P (176°C) 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
9. Let cool 5 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool.
This page created September 2008
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2013,