By Gwen Ashley Walters
From Sundance Resort, Utah
If you don't have a source for smoked trout, you could substitute 6 ounces of chopped smoked salmon, or 8 ounces of cooked, chopped chicken breast.
1 large baking potato, washed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup sliced scallions
1-1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh preferably, or frozen)
3 fillets of smoked trout (about 12 ounces total)
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 eggs (2 eggs per person, cooked any style: fried, poached, scrambled, etc.)
1. Par cook the potato by either boiling it in salted water for about 10 minutes, or baking it in a 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes or zapping in a microwave, on high, for 4 to 5 minutes. Cool, peel and then chop into 1/2-inch cubes. You should have about 1-1/2 cups of chopped potato.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the par cooked potatoes. Cook until brown on all sides, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Stir in red onions and scallions, cooking until the red onions start to turn translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stir in corn kernels and cook another 2 minutes or until corn is cooked.
5. Flake the smoked trout into the skillet and stir until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
6. Place 1/2 cup or so on a warmed plate and top with 2 eggs, cooked any style. Repeat for each guest.
Copyright © 2001, Gwen Ashley Walters. All rights reserved.
Gwen Ashley Walters is cookbook author, cooking teacher, food writer and Certified Culinary Professional with a degree in Culinary Arts. Gwen's travel guide/cookbooks, The Great Ranch Cookbook, (1998) and The Cool Mountain Cookbook, (2001) were published by Pen & Fork Communications.
This page created November 2001
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2013,